Recognising Outstanding Holographic Projects
Each year since its inception the International Hologram Manufacturers Association (IHMA) has given Excellence in Holography awards to outstanding holographic projects for the year.
Sponsored by the industry newsletter Holography News, these awards and commendations will be presented at The Holography Conference. The awards recognise hologram products or techniques introduced over the previous year which represent the best in the industry for innovation and commercial potential.
- Innovation in Holographic Technology – for new techniques in hologram origination, production or finishing
- Best Origination – for the design artwork and techniques used in the origination of the hologram
- Best Display or Emerging Technology Application of Holography – for the application of holographic optical elements, for example in display screens and projectors, lighting and light control, communications, and vehicular systems
- Best Applied Security Product – for the best security/authentication use of a hologram by a customer
- Best Applied Decorative/Packaging Product – for holograms or holographic materials used by customers for decoration, illustration or promotion
For details on how to nominate – and previous winners – visit www.ihma.org
For photos of the award winners, see our 2016 review