Four organisations have won a prestigious award for their outstanding contribution in tax stamp design, innovation or delivery.
The winners and runners-up were revealed at a special ceremony during the Tax Stamp Forum, which took place in Dubai in front of 230 delegates. Each of the awards recognises the important role that tax stamp programmes play in combating illicit trade and protecting tax revenues.
The 2014 winners were:
- Mauritius Revenue Authority
Winner of the Best Design Award for their implementation of tax stamps on alcohol products
Joint Winner of the Best New Innovation Award for VeroCode and Armenia’s Tax Stamps
- OpSec Security and Xerox
Joint Winner of the Best New Innovation Award for Digital Cigarette Stamps for the State of Michigan
- Kenya Revenue Authority
Winner of the Best Tax Stamp Programme Award for Excisable Goods Management System
- AM-PG (Best Design) – details
- Atlantic Zeiser (Best New Innovation) – details
- Hologram. Industries (Best New Innovation) – details
- OpSec Security and Xerox (Best Tax Stamp Programme) – details